2018 IATC Conference
IATC Conference - 2 and 3 April 2018
"Legal Reasoning and Written Advocacy"
Will clear and effective legal reasoning and writing survive the relentless onslaught of social media and the tyranny of the twitterati?
IATC Conference: Confirmed Speakers To Date
We are pleased to announce the following confirmed speakers for the IATC Conference. Further speakers to be announced:
- The Rt. Hon. The Lord Neuberger of Abbotsbury, Former President the Supreme Court of the United Kingdom – Keynote Speaker
- The Hon. Justice Glenn Martin, Supreme Court of Queensland, Australia
- The Hon. Justice Ann Ainslie-Wallace, Australia
- Russell Coleman, S.C., Chairman of the International Advocacy Training Council Ltd and Hong Kong Advocacy Training Council Ltd
- The Hon. Mr. Justice Key Oagile Bethuel Dingake, Judge of the High Court of Botswana
- Prof. Leslie Chew, S.C., Singapore
- Phil Greenwood, S.C., Australia
- Anesta Weekes, Q.C., England & Wales
- Andrew Chiew, Malaysia
- Andrew Goodman, England & Wales
- Robert Low, Malaysia
- Tino Bere, Senior Partner at Bere Brothers Legal Practitioners, Zimbabwe
- The Rt. Hon. Mr. Justice Louis Harms, former Deputy President of the Supreme Court of Appeal, served as Judge for 25 years, and Professor Extraordinary for Intellectual Property Law at the University of Pretoria.
- The Hon. Mr. Justice Malcolm Wallis, Supreme Court of Appeal, Bloemfontein, South Africa
- The Hon. Madam Justice Sharise Erica Weiner, Judge of the High Court of South Africa (Johannesburg)
- The Hon. Mr. Justice Owen Rogers, Judge of the High Court of South Africa (Cape Town)
- Wim Trengove SC: Johannesburg, South Africa
- Timothy Bruinders SC: Johannesburg, South Africa, Former National Advocacy Training Convener – GCB of South Africa
- Anna Annandale SC: KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa, National Advocacy Training Convener – GCB of South Africa
- David Unterhalter SC: Johannesburg, South Africa
- Tembeka Ngcuikaitobi: Johannesburg, South Africa
- Stephan van der Merwe: Lecturer in Practical Legal Training and Legal Skills, Faculty of Law, University of Stellenbosch
Conference on 2 and 3 April 2018 the International Advocacy Training Council (in association with the General Council of the Bar of South Africa) will host a Conference on Legal Reasoning and Written Advocacy.
Judges, barristers, advocates, legal practitioners, attorneys, government lawyers, academics, university teachers and students are invited to the Conference that will take place in the Cape Winelands at the Wallenberg Research Centre, Stellenbosch, South Africa.
Through presentations and panel discussions, the conference will stimulate debate and explore solutions to the state of legal reasoning and writing in the advocates’ profession, the universitites and the judiciary.
For more information please contact Jacqueline at firstname.lastname@example.org or +27 11 292 6900